Thursday, March 23, 2006

Failing and Falling

Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising every time we fail.

-- Confucius

When I first read this, and the next several times I read it, I saw “fall” instead of “fail.” Funny, I guess, because when I fail, it often means I fall.

The meaning is the same either way. It doesn’t matter if we fall, but it’s good when we rise. Failing can be an opportunity, a challenge, a lesson, a new beginning, and any number of things. Rising is not giving up. It can be as simple as accepting and changing directions, re-setting priorities, trying something else, or trying the same thing again. Rising is a positive attitude.

Failing is a part of life. Rising is spectacular, expressing hope, our greatest glory.



technorati tags: , ,

No comments: