Sunday, July 02, 2006

Peptides and Progressive MS

BioMS Medical is a Canadian biotechnology company that develops novel therapeutic technologies for treatment of MS.

Most current treatments are for relapsing/remitting MS. My MS is secondary progressive, so I was particularly interested in BioMS' clinical trial in Canada and Europe. The trial involves a synthetic peptide administered intravenously every six months for two years with a goal of slowing the progression.

I received notice of this trial in an email from MSFYI in their regular research update. Coincidentally, I received another email from Esperanza Research Foundation about a similar peptide product. I am not familiar with this company, but the web site features Power Point presentations including testimonials from people who have experienced the treatment.

Notice that BioMS describes its technologies as "novel." This is interesting and definitely worth a visit.

No comments: