Friday, March 21, 2008

Outrageous Ideas in MS Research

During the light bulb invention process, Thomas Edison said
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."

Some of those ideas probably seemed pretty far-fetched until they worked.

Medical researchers seem to be prepared to try anything, investigating all avenues, including ideas that worked for other diseases. If the standard avenues have been tried to no avail, where do the researchers go next? They have to be prepared to think outside of the box. Someone in pain or discomfort may be willing to go to any length to find promised relief. Let's look at some of the unexpected ways of alternative treatment therapies - from poison to animal products - that have been proposed, tried, are being tested or, in some cases, actually used today.

4 comments:

Synchronicity said...

my youngest son has autism...so i am no stranger to all the "cures" out there. one of my far out friends suggested my son and i spend some time in an oxygen chamber for what ails us. i...respectfully declined.

Mikey said...

Hello there, 21 year old male here with M/S wanting to tell you of something. Have you heard of Tysabri? It is a once a month infusion that I just started on Friday. It seems to already be having amazing results. I just felt like I aught to tell you. God bless you!

Diane J Standiford said...

Leeches.

Vicki said...

Merelyme, I remember reading that oxygen was often used by healthy people for energy and a general sense of well-being. It might be good for all of us, but I would probably decline, too.

Mikey, yes I read a bit about it when it was temporarily off the market until last year. It seems to be popular. Glad it is working for you.

Diane, I just read Demi Moore uses leeches to stay young!
www.chinadaily.com.cn/entertainment/2008-03/26/content_6566850.htm