Sunday, October 07, 2007

I'm Sleepy

No day is so bad it can't be fixed with a nap. ~ Carrie Snow

There was a time, long ago, when I couldn't sleep. I went for days, sometimes weeks, without a restful night. I had a sleep disorder. My doctor gave me various medications, none of which worked. I learned to relax by meditating, but I had trouble actually sleeping.

Not any more. And I may have found out why my day doesn't start until noon.

As part of the profile on Patients Like Me, we select from a long list of symptoms. One of the choices is 'excessive daytime sleepiness.' I didn't even know that was a symptom, but 607 MSers also listed this as one of theirs. Wow. 607 out of 1492 MSers are sleepy during the day.

All of those years trying to sleep and all I needed was MS. I don't have any problem sleeping any more.

Technorati technorati tags: , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Bubbie said...

I fought that symptom for 5 years and finally took a persription that was recommended and wished I had done so sooner. Provigil is used off label for MS. It's for narcolepsy. It keeps we awake and alert (brain actually works) during the day, and then I sleep so much better at night. Just don't take too much or take it past noon, it keeps you going.

Vicki said...

Thanks for the tip. I'll chat with my doctor.