Wednesday, August 08, 2007

It's Getting Hot Down Here

When I was first diagnosed with MS, I was told to watch out for the hot Texas summers. I had lived in Texas for 15 years, and therefore, endured 15 Texas summers. No big deal.

Wrong. Either the summers are getting hotter or I am subject to the power of suggestion. Being outside for just a short time, I am completely wilted. Bummer.

I know this is not exclusive to me. I have read several MSer blog posts about this very topic. But we have been really lucky this year. Last year there were 43 days with measured temperatures of 100+. So far this year, there have been 0 days beyond 99, but the forecast threatens scorching heat by Saturday.

It is time to review cooling techniques. Julie Stachowiak talks about heat intolerance and then gives hints on cooling techniques and products. This is a good reminder in these hot, hot days.

Technorati technorati tags: , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

mdmhvonpa said...

Keep cool ... I've already committed the cardinal MS Sin of letting myself over-heat this summer. Ghaa!

Vicki said...

mdmhvonpa,
You mean it's hot up north, too? Weather reports are using high numbers in all kinds of places. Doesn't seem fair. Maybe we need to try Alaska.