Thursday, July 19, 2007

Sometimes You Just Don't See It

I have secondary progressive MS and the progression is slow. Some friends and family tell me they don't see much difference in my ability over the last several years. Maybe they are being kind and don't want to tell me if I look pathetic. Maybe the changes I feel are more the effort that goes into the daily routine. They don't see what I see.

Conversely, I don't see what they see.

I was reading Julie Stachwiak's excellent MS blog on About.com, and she suggests we MSers recruit our friends to tell us about symptoms when we may be unaware. Her examples include different size pupils and fuzzy thinking.

I can see how I might not realize when I repeat myself, but it never occurred to me to watch my pupils. When my left pupil is larger than the right one, my vision is probably not good enough to notice. I would never know, but my doctor might be interested.

Okay, friends, look me over. Do you see anything that looks a bit strange? Now that could be a dangerous question.

Technorati technorati tags: , , ,

No comments: