Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Is MS a New Disease?

Sometimes when I read MS articles on the Internet I don’t see any new information. I still read just in case there’s something new or something I don’t remember. Wikipedia which bills itself as the “free encyclopedia” introduces the MS section with a brief – very brief – article that reads a little differently.

Under the article is a list of specific topics. Tonight I read the History section. When I first learned about this dreaded disease, I didn’t think it had much history. Well it wasn’t even recognized as a disease until 1868. But that doesn’t mean it didn’t exist before the 19th Century.

Some possible MSers are Saint Lidwina of Schiedam, an illegitimate grandson of King George III, and a British writer who wrote The Journal of a Disappointed Man.

To read something new, click here.

No comments: