Think about popular TV programs, the barometer of social rules, using parking as episode fodder.
- An episode of Coach was about the women teams coaches' remote parking versus the men teams coaches'close parking in the cold, sloppy Minnesota winters.
- Then, on Seinfeld, Georgeblocked New York City traffic for hours over a coveted space.
- The deacon on Amen (Sherman Hemsley) marked his space with a sign reading, "Don't even think about parking here."
- Curb Your Enthusiasm had Larry outraged over a handicap parker whose disability was stuttering.
- And then there was House whose conflict was between two disabled people -- cane vs. chair.
I submitted a question this subject to Yahoo! Answers: If you are not disabled, should you be able to park in a handicap space for just a few minutes?