Sunday, February 17, 2008

Fingolimod and Me

Six months ago Jeri started a clinical trial for Fingolimod, a possible oral MS treatment. She started writing about the trial from the beginning. Her writing style is delightful as she carries us along on her trial journey in Fingolimod and Me..

Jeri offers us a ray of hope. Her biggest complaint about this treatment is the name. Okay, I agree Fingolimod doesn't bring to mind gorgeous visuals, but it hasn't even completed its trial yet. Maybe when it is approved by the FDA, they will let her rename the pills and plan the marketing campaign. At one time she had James Bond in mind as a spokes icon.

I know, I know, I said "when" not "if" when talking about FDA approval, but I have to do my part of positive thinking.

While you are visiting Jeri's Fingolimod and Me, be sure to go further to her new project, a gathering spot for the MS community to visit and share, My MS and Me.

Thank you, Jeri, for testing this new-fangled med. If the few side effects you have experienced so far are comparable to other testers, it sounds as if we have a winner.

Technorati technorati tags: , , , , ,


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo!!! Someone actually READS that drivel, er, I mean, my deep thoughts.

Thanks so much for blogging it. I have a stat counter on both sites and wondered why I was suddenly getting all kinds of traffic. (((hugs)))

I don't mind being a guinea pig in the name of furthering progress toward a new treatment for MS.

I just wish they'd keep my cage cleaner and get me one of those wheels to run on.

Anyhow, very nice of you to blog my sites. The more MSers I can meet, the better I like this disease. Hey, there's gotta be an upside, right?
~Jeri

Charles-A. Rovira said...

An oral treatment?

Tell me more. [charles (at) msbpodcast.com ]

I'm all for anything that will get us away from injection.

Anonymous said...

i was just offered the trial and i think i'm going to do it, thanks for helpn me make my decision

Anonymous said...

I too am doing the fingolimod trial. I am starting phas e two! So far so goo!