Sunday, December 02, 2007

Ain't Technology Grand?

I have to agree. For those of us who live with disabilities, technology has helped level the playing field, at least where computers are concerned.

Apple tells us they have been working for accessibility since 1985. They describe how they have addressed vision, hearing, physical/motor skills and language. Just last year they partnered with the Blind Access Journal to prepare a presentation about Macintosh accessibility.

There is also an accessibility overview for using PC's. Registration is required for some content and reports.

Then there's a site that is set up specifically to guide MSers in technology use, My MS My Way. My MS My Way is a collaborative, consisting of the National MS Society, Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals, and Microsoft aided by a committee of MSers.

The collaborative commissioned research shows that technology is vital for many MSers managing daily life with the disease, however, relatively few take advantage of the technology that is available. MSers say they do not use the technology because they need better information, and most cite cost as the culprit. Read the research report.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the link. I just registered this. I might have joined alittle late since they already came out with the first survey.