Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I Want A Green Scooter

Here's an idea -- what if my Amigo scooter was solar powered?

Matt Alvey, a student at the University of Nottingham is working on converting electronic scooters to solar power for his dissertation. With the threat of global warming in the news, albeit amid controversy, why not recharge my Amigo using renewable energy such as sunlight instead of electricity? Besides doing my part to save the environment, I could also reduce my electric bill.

Sounds like a good deal to me.

Technorati technorati tags: , , , , ,

2 comments:

mdmhvonpa said...

I suppose that this would be ok so long as you do not need to go out when it is cloudy ... perhaps a hybrid system that charges batteries from both solar AND house electric.

Vicki said...

Well, MDMHVONPA, I think there are plans for a battery as well. I think the solar energy is stored to take care of cloudy times.

However, Garry pointed out that an initial charge would be difficult since I cannot stay in the sun for long periods.

What about a windmill attached to the cart? That might give me extra momentum along with the power.

Aw, fantasies. I better stick with the plug and pay the electricity.