Thursday, September 14, 2006

More Research

In the MSIF report on research updates there are several studies discussing statins as a treatment option in MS. A subscription for professionals is required to read these papers, so I did some research on my own.

About 25 million Americans already take statins to lower their cholesterol, but indications are favorable for MS treatment. More studies are in process. There were so many articles, but some were dated as early as March.

Understanding MS, a site I have recommended before, has a good article.

And here is an
article from the National MS Society.

Here's one of particular interest to me. Statins may be helpful to MS and osteoporosis -- and alzheimer's, too, though I have not been diagnosed with that one.

technorati tags: , , , , ,

No comments: