There were many studies and papers this month focusing on cognitive difficulties associated with MS. I make a point of reading these, probably because the possiblity of cognitive impairment scare me so much. My father had Parkinson’s Disease with some symptoms similar to my MS. I watched him evolve from a strong, independent man to a totally dependent patient. He was unaware of almost everything around him and no longer knew my mother with whom he lived for fifty years.
Here are several recent studies and papers focusing on cognitive problems associated with MS:
- Authors discuss a potential treatment for cognitive disorders in MS patients.
- Evaluating recommendations for approaching cognitive impairment in early MS.
- New emerging imaging techniques for patients with MS who experience cognitive dysfunction.
- Four-year follow-up study on cognitive functions in newly diagnosed with MS.
- Review of studies on cognitive deterioration in MS.