Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Bill Cullen, Game Show Master

watch game shows to keep my mind active. I have watched quite a few different ones over the years, and I have found some game show hosts that I like more than others. One of my favorites is Bill Cullen (Feb, 18, 1920 - Nov. 7, 1990). Last week was the anniversary of his birth.


Bill Cullen was usually positioned behind the podium as the show opened instead of running out in the beginning like most game show hosts. He had a disability, an awkward gait, as the result of polio as a child, but he was not disabled. That was evident by his long career beginning with radio game shows in the 40's and ending in the 1980's. He hosted 23 game shows -- including the original
Price Is Right -- and served on panels and as a guest celebrity contestant. He died in 1990.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

Diane J Standiford said...

I never knew that about Bill and I do remember his shows. I wonder how many people w/disabilities we watched and never knew.