Friday, October 03, 2008

Disability from A to Z

I decided to make a Disability Alphabet, and I made a goal of emphasizing only positive words. I was inspired by Missy's ABC's of Caring Game, where she started a challenge asking readers to submit a word about care giving for each letter. My disability alphabet took me through a kaleidoscope of words. Here are my words. Suggestions?

Attitude
"The only disability in life is a bad attitude." ~ Scott Hamilton

The letter A could stand for so many things that are important to the person with a disability. However, I chose Attitude. A positive attitude allows each of us to accept ourselves and enhances each day. Besides, we can control our attitude and keep it positive.


Other good words: Acceptance, Accessibility, Accomplishment, Action, Answers and Assurance

Technorati technorati tags: , , ,

No comments: